HELP US BUILD OUR FOREVER HOME!

HELP US BUILD A SAFE, ACCESSIBLE HOME!

Donate online!!!!

Or text BRAVE to 2722 to donate $10 now through your phone provider!

*The first $350,000 of donations from this fundraising drive will be used directly for the benefit of the Causeys, and are therefore not tax deductible. Any additional donations will be added to the EOD Warrior Foundation’s general fund for the advancement of its mission goals.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

USO Wounded Warrior Center Open At Belvoir!

I've known for awhile about the USO-Metro's goal to build two wounded warrior specific centers at Fort Belvoir and Walter Reed-Bethesda. Well, the Belvoir center opened today! I had the opportunity to go down yesterday and participate in a "media day" to offer my perspective as a spouse. Aaron wasn't clear for interviews, but he did stand in for a few photographs.

I have to be honest, I am so excited about this center. I think I could even make the drive every so often for special occasions. It is the most beautiful wounded warrior building I have ever seen. They thought of every little thing. I can't wait to head back down and see it bustling with people and activity. I know a place like that really would have eased more than a few anxious days in the first 6 months of Aaron's injury. So until I can get back down there, here are some links to the media I did. I'm really proud of all the hard work that has gone into this place, and I'm lucky to be a part of the USO family.

Washington Post Blog

AP Video

Washington Times

NBC Washington

MyFox DC

I am really proud of all of this! There is a lot more media out there, but this is just I managed to collect. And no... no one coaches me. I really do believe all those nice things about the USO and what it is doing for all troops, all over but in particular what I have experienced on the wounded warrior side of the fence. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment