HELP US BUILD OUR FOREVER HOME!

HELP US BUILD A SAFE, ACCESSIBLE HOME!

Donate online!!!!

Or text BRAVE to 2722 to donate $10 now through your phone provider!

*The first $350,000 of donations from this fundraising drive will be used directly for the benefit of the Causeys, and are therefore not tax deductible. Any additional donations will be added to the EOD Warrior Foundation’s general fund for the advancement of its mission goals.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Ride Over.

I took a US Airways flight to Germany on September 11th. I had gone from Watertown to Albany to DC, where the State department issued me a passport on Sunday. On the 10th anniversary of the day that started it all.

I went to the USO center at Dulles and a volunteer walked me through security and down to the gate. She spoke to someone behind the desk and I boarded last. I found myself sitting in business class, wearing a pink "Bomb Squad" t-shirt, next to a nice German businessman.

I had pictures from last Christmas. Aaron had grown a goatee and his eyes were sparkling. I cried to myself because I was terrified he would never look at me like that again. One of the flight attendants, also a psychologist, prayed while I wept.

I had never been more scared in my whole life.

His face is nearly the same now as it was then. There's a scar on his left cheek, but his eyes are the same. And for that reason alone, this is a lucky life.

3 comments:

  1. You are so much stronger than you think...your positivity and strength through this difficult time has been inspring! Keep it up girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teared up reading this. You have no idea how strong you truly are. I hope you're able to use your experiences to comfort those in need. Keep doing what you're doing. Your strength really is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. speechless. I can't imagine what you were going through.

    ReplyDelete